Thursday, December 2, 2010

A few of My Favorite Things

1) Baking from Scratch - I took a break from my usual crafts to bake this bread from scratch. Everyone of us have an "un"hidden talent. Well, this is just one of mine...

This applesauce raisin nut bread was created using ingredients that were available in the kitchen that morning. In other words, I didn't fuss with going out to buy anything that wasn't on hand. I like to try to make do with my circumstances (a new lesson I've been trying lately.) I just kind of made my way through the cabinets and fridge to gather the items that went into my newly concocted recipe. A few of the items used were brown sugar, wheat flour, vanilla soy milk, raisins, apples that were peeled then boiled to the perfect consistency, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and vegetable oil, again just to name a few. The next time I bake this I will try to remember to write down the recipe and instructions so that I can post it here on the blog. My breads usually only last a day or two in my house. Best of all, I enjoy letting the "dos chicas" help prepare and mix the ingredients. Baking time often turns into lesson time as we get to review colors, counting, opposites, sight words, alphabets, spelling and so much more...


No comments:

Post a Comment